Did you experience an unexplainable back pain recently? Before you jump into conclusion you should consult a doctor to get X-ray of my back to examine and make sure there are no broken bones. If not, then you should get your thyroid level checked. The disorder caused by thyroid imbalance could range from being tiny to major. The two basic types of thyroid disorder are Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism.
Here are some reasons why one can suffer from a thyroid disorder.
- For Hypothyroidism
This is a condition which is caused due to lower thyroid hormone creation than your thyroid gland should originally do. This underproduction of hormones results in lower energy levels because your body’s metabolism gets slower than usual. The causes for hypothyroidism are:
- 1. Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis: This is a disorder where your thyroid tissue is attacked by the immune system of your body. This often results is complete destruction of your thyroid gland.
- Thyroid Gland Removal: For diseases related to thyroid, like thyroid cancer, one might require to remove their thyroid gland surgically or with radiation.
- Exposure to Iodide Element: Regular medicine for cough and cold, or sinus often have strong percentage of the iodide element. If you already have a thyroid disorder these iodide elements will aggravate the condition.
- For Hyperthyroidism
This is a condition when your thyroid glands produce excess number of thyroid hormones than your body actually requires. The cause for this type of disorder are:
- Toxic Nodule Development: Growth of nodules in and around your thyroid gland starts secreting thyroid hormones. This creates an imbalance in the body’s chemical structure.
- Subacute Thyroiditis: This condition is the enlargement of your thyroid which in turn forces your gland to produce more thyroid hormones. This is a temporary condition that can be easily dealt with. However, the side effects caused tend to stay longer.
- Cancerous Growth: Although not a common cause yet a cancerous growth in your thyroid gland can result in its severe malfunction.